Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Winter Stitching - Fortune Cookie Love

Pattern: Fortune Cookie (found on youtube, just search for it)
Yarn: Baby Bee teddy
Hook: Size H
Notions: 6mm safety eyes, DMC 310 thread, and 3/8" heart ribbon
Start/Finish: 1/29/2014

Texting with my friends and coworkers today I've found that everyone is finding something crafty to do since the city of Mobile is basically closed down because the roads are terrible with all the frozen ice. With no salt trucks to the rescue (what city in the South owes one? none apparently) everyone has been told to stay at home, which is completely fine with me.

I found a cute video on youtube for making a fortune cookie. You can find other patterns online, but I really wanted a pattern for a larger cookie. Instead of stitching up a paper message, I used some cute heart ribbon I found at Hobby Lobby. It was the perfect size as a substitute for stitching one.

Happy crafting everyone! Be safe and use common sense with the wintery weather outside!

Until next time ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment