Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mobile's A&M Peanut Shop

While I was on jury duty earlier in December, I was tempted by the A&M Peanut Shop on Dauphin Street which is a few blocks away from the Govt Plaza. Everyday I would walk past the shop to go for lunch and was assaulted by a delicious aroma of nuts and sugar! Finally I stopped in the shop and bought a small bag of chocolate covered mixed nuts. It was so delicious that I decided to stop again on my last day of jury duty and buy two tins full for my coworkers as Christmas presents!





The shop is housed in one of the older narrow buildings downtown. Despite the lack of room, the shop is full of bins of delicious nuts and candies.


The highlight of the shop is a beautiful 100 year old Planters peanut roaster! The smell of nuts in this contraption is heavenly!

If you are ever in downtown Mobile you should stop by the A&M Peanut Shop for homemade treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment