Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Violet finish!

Hi, everyone! I just finished stitching the violet biscornu design. I hope to finish the design as a biscornu soon.


The back of the second part of the biscornu design!

I had to take the photo above. I love how the design looks gorgeous even from the back and I usually don't say that, but this is an exception.


Two halves of the biscornu, stitched and ready to be finished.

Design: Violet Biscornu by New Stitches (British magazine)
Fabric: 32ct cream Belfast Zweigart
Threads: DMC 208, 209, 210, 729, 905, 907, & 3855
Start/Finish: 5/15-18/2010


The design actually called for gold Kreinik blending filament #002, but you know how I feel about metallics....not sure if this was a metallic thread or not, but as my local craft didn't carry it I wasn't too concerned about it. I opted for two strands of DMC 729 for the backstitching filigree work in the flowers :)

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment