Thursday, July 21, 2016

Kitty Sushi Cross Stitch Finish ~Happy Dance~♡




Pattern: This is How I Roll by Design Works
Fabric: 32ct cream Belfast linen by Wichelt
Threads: recommended DMC, except for B5200
Start/Finish: half day in June, 7/4, 7/10, and 7/16-17/2016

Hi, everyone! I finished stitching on the sushi kitty on Sunday, but have been too busy until now to post about it.

I finished the majority of the stitching on Saturday and spent Sunday stitching the last of it and completing all of the backstitching, French knots, and beading.

If you are wondering, the detail photos are closer to the fabric's actual color. It's funny what my phone's camera sees under different lighting.

I used all the recommended DMC threads except for one substitution. I switched out the recommended white thread for B5200. I find that white blends in to the background when I use cream linen while B5200 really pops against the cream.

The pattern came with more than enough beads so I will be able to give the kit to my friend Kristina to stitch. I didn't use the Aida or threads included in the kit because I have enough DMC to use already so she's getting a 'freebie' kit :)

I think perhaps my next project will be one of my WIPs. I would love to at least finish stitching the Sampler 4 Saisons pattern sometime this year.

Sounds like I need to make it my Frolicking Fridays project for the rest of the year. I'm definitely in need of Frolicking Friday motivation :)

Until next time >___<

No comments:

Post a Comment