Sunday, July 10, 2016

Mug Cakes 101




Hi, everyone! While at the library recently, I found a book on mug cakes. I have always been skeptical of mug cakes because microwaves can be devilish.

I put the book in my bag and once I got home, I flicked through the pages until I found a recipe that I actually had all the ingredients for in the cabinets.

With brown sugar on hand, I decided to try the brown sugar cake. I was surprised that my mug cake came out baked on the lowest time setting in the instructions. I mean really, when does that ever happen? Never!!!

The recipe makes enough for two mug cakes. I took some granulated sugar and cinnamon and mixed them together for the topping on the cakes.

Giving one to my mom, she swears it is even better with milk. I've mentioned she's a dingy bird sometimes, right? I can't feed her anything without an addition. Lol

Thoughts: mug cakes actually work and will do when you need a sugar fix without breaking out your baking supplies and preheating the oven. But truth be told, nothing beats traditional baking.

Until next time >___<

No comments:

Post a Comment