Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Calvin and Hobbes comics - Hobbes Amigurumi

Good evening everyone. Today is my sister's birthday, which means that I can finally post about the amigurumi I made for her back in February.

As kids we would always read the Sunday comics in the newspaper. One of my sister's favorite comics was and still is Calvin and Hobbes. While looking online she ran across a free pattern for a Hobbes amigurumi doll and asked if either Amanda or I could make it for her.

I was sneaky and told her that I had other amigurumis I was working on, but secretly I was working on the Hobbes doll at work before clocking in every day.

Pattern: Hobbes freebie pattern by sukigirl and miahandcrafter
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft black, orange, red, and white
Hook: size H 
Notions: black felt 
Start/Finish: February 2015 - total time 23 1/2 hours

For those of you would want to make this Hobbes amigurumi and need to know how much yarn you'll need, I used one skein of each color and had leftover yarn by the time I was done.

So far the Totoro, Sir Octavius the steampunk fox, and Hobbes amigurumis are the largest I've made :)

I really enjoyed making this doll. If a pattern makes you smile while working on it, it's a good one :)

Until next time >___<


No comments:

Post a Comment