Saturday, November 15, 2014

Fandom 2014

Hi, again! Kristina and I went to Fort Walton Beach last Saturday to the Fandom convention. We went (well, I persuaded Kristina to go) because the voice actor, Scott McNeil, was a guest there. He has voiced many characters included one of my favorites in the MLP universe, Flam. The Flim and Flam brothers are con artists in the MLP show. I love the vaudeville feel of their characters.

Since Amanda had gotten me a Flim and Flam poster from SDCC this year I decided to bring it along to get Mr. McNeil to sign it for me. He was a great speaker, extremely funny and quirky.


I love the fact that he actually spoke to each of his fans as they walked up to get their items signed or get pictures taken with him. I've noticed at some conventions that the voice actors will just sign things with hardly any conversation besides the usual 'thanks for coming'.

He loved the poster and asked where I got it. He mentioned that he really needed a few of them so he could remember how to sing the 'Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000' song as he said that he and the voice actor for Flim had such a hard time with the song as it was quite the tongue twister.

I wish I had other pictures from the convention of cosplayers and the like, but Kristina and I only spent time at the panels for Robert Axelrod and Scott McNeil and then a little time in the dealers room since we got to the convention around noon.

Kristina bought a few things as gifts for our friends for our annual Christmas party. Usually I buy a few things, but I only came away with one thing, but it's PERFECT!


I found a large vinyl bag featuring Hatsune Miku. Wandering around the dealers room a couple of times, I kept coming back to this bag and I knew I had to have it. I loved the illustration on the front and it was a great size! As you can see I've got a cross stitch pattern in the bag along with DMC threads and a 8 inch embroidery hoop inside. I love cute bags for holding projects in!

As the year comes to a close, we won't have any conventions to go to, but hopefully we can go to a few next year.

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment