Thursday, June 6, 2013

Meet Ellie

Pattern: Elephant by Lion Brand
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Grey Heather
Hook: Size H
Notions: 10mm safety eyes
Start/Finish: 6/5/2013

After showing off  my ami creation last night, Amanda from Crystal Panda named my darling elephant Ellie. I love how tiny she is compared to her trunk! I wish I had taken a picture of her tail........it's like Dumbo's tail! So little ^____^ I hope to dress Ellie up with a bow of some sort........*cough cough* (an excuse to visit the craft shop!!)

I was intimidated by this pattern at first because it requires you to turn your work inside out as if you were going to stuff and 'finish' it.........but that's not the case. It makes you turn your work, stuff, and continue to sc for another 18 rows to make the trunk. I've never been comfortable with stitching after turning my work inside out so I'm glad that this pattern made me do it!

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry little Ellie....you will grow into your trunk. :)

    ReplyDelete