Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mango the Roly Poly Kitty!

Pattern: Roly Poly Cat by Puchitomato
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Mango and White
Hook: Size F and G
Notions: 10mm safety eyes and DMC 310 thread
Start/Finish: 6/1-2/2013

Introducing Mango! I had fun making this little kitty.....mostly because the yarn colors just make me smile. Is that odd? Perhaps, but I think some colors just make you smile because they are so vibrant.

The only thing I changed with this pattern was the tail. It called for a long tail stitched in a magic ring, 6 sc around for about 12 rows. My fingers/wrists weren't making it easy for me with the F hook so I decided to make the tail by using a magic ring, 12 sc around for 5 rows....and viola! big bobtail and happy wrists! ^__^

On a side note, my mother wanted to steal my yarn! She loved the mango color too............gotta hide my yarn!

Until next time ^_____^

1 comment:

  1. LOL she's adorable!!! I still have not posted about the roly cat I made months ago. hehe

    I love the color too! It seems like you guys have more choices in colors and yarn! :p hehe

    ReplyDelete