Friday, March 22, 2013

Tree Spirit


Pattern: Kodama-chan by amiguruMEI
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft White
Hook: Size H
Notions: assorted safety eyes
Start/Finish: 3/20-22/2013

Are you a Hayao Miyazaki fan? I know I am! So when I saw this fun pattern for a kodama (aka tree spirit) from Spirited Away I knew I had to stitch it up.

My only disappointment with stitching this up is the fact that I didn't have an assortment of brads to use for the eyes so I opted for using various sizes of safety eyes. AmiguruMEI used various sizes of brads for her Kodama-chan. I'll have to see if my local Hobby Lobby has them in stock so I'll have them in the future for other amigurumi finishes. They are great way to get 'flat' eyes for amigurumi expressions!

I didn't have any stone pebbles to weight down the base of my kodama so I used some round glass tiles that I had bought to use for mini-magnets. Perfect substitute!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with all your crafting plans!!!

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! It looks good with those eyes too. :) I did find some buttons that are black and flat like brads at Jo-Anns. :)

    ReplyDelete