Saturday, March 23, 2013

Grumpy Goomba!

Pattern: Goomba by Wolfdreamer
Yarn: I Love This Yarn black and brown and Baby Bee teddy
Hook: Size G
Notions: black and white felt
Start/Finish: 3/23/2013

My sister and I would play Super Mario Bros for hours when we were kids!!! This pattern is perfect for the Nintendo geek in all of us >___<

I went by Hobby Lobby and Walmart and bought some new yarn this morning. Sadly, Hobby Lobby doesn't sell Caron yarn anymore so I headed over to Walmart to buy the colors I could find to make some more amigurumis that I had in mind. For the colors I couldn't find I went by Hobby Lobby to try new brands of yarn.

Unfortunately, Hobby Lobby's substitute for Caron is Yarn Bee, which is a sad thing because it is a 'Made in China' yarn instead of Caron's 'Made in USA' yarn. You would think that an American store would be proud to support a company that is actually making a product in our country.

Hopping off the soapbox....

On the bright side, after watching some tutorials on Planet June's website, I've learned some great techniques for stitching pieces to one another and for closing gaps on pieces without leaving a bump! Woohoo! Thank you Ms. June for the great tutorials!!!

Hope you're having a good weekend!!!

Until next time ^____^

1 comment: