Friday, July 10, 2009

Egads! A snake!!!!

This evening we were all 'unwinding' from the work week when our dog Sam starting barking outside like crazy!

My mother looked outside and Sam had a snake?!?!?!? My mom screamed and ran outside to try and get Sam away from the snake. Of course, Sam is not your typical dog, instead of leaving the snake alone, he picked it up in his mouth and starting running around the backyard with it!

We all started panicking and ran outside to chase Sam down and make him drop the snake. My sister was about to start crying because the snake was trying to bite Sam in the chest while he was running with it.

As we finally got Sam to drop the snake and our uncle killed the snake with a hoe, my sister had called the emergency line of our local vet and asked what the symptoms were of a snake bite because we thought we had a rattlesnake! Luckily, Sam had not been bitten by the snake, but we were all shaken up by the whole thing. We have no idea what type of snake it was....definitely not your average garden snake!

If you don't like snakes, don't look at the picture below. My mother measured the snake and it was 4 ft 7 inches! O_o"


Holy Moley!!

There are two animal/insects that scare me the most: snakes and spiders. You think I would be running for the hills when my mother said they was a snake outside, but when she said Sam was near it we all ran out there to save him from being bit. LOL It's amazing what adrenaline will do for your fears!

I think I've had enough drama for my weekend!!

Give me some safe cross-stitching any day! I'll pass on the snakes.

1 comment:

  1. Alrighty then!!!!!!! Do I dislike things that crawl of the reptile world? YES!!!!!! EGADS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete