Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Baking - Boo-tterscotch and Chocolate Chip Blondies

What do you do when you have a bag of overpowering M&Ms? Make blondies, of course!


I picked up M&Ms' new fall flavor, boo-tterscotch, last month, but after tasting a few, I wasn't sure what to do with them.

Surfing the web for a good recipe using them, I ran across a recipe that was based off of this one for cinnamon toffee blondies that I thought would be a great base for my M&Ms.

I used a whole bag of boo-tterscotch M&Ms and about half of a bag of leftover semi-sweet morsels.



The blondies came out dense, moist, and full of flavor. I love the combination of the butterscotch, cinnamon, and chocolate! Delicious.

In addition to using the M&Ms and the morsels, the only other change I made to the recipe was an extra teaspoon of cinnamon. My goal was to mask the butterscotch somewhat since the M&Ms packed a punch.

Overall, absolutely delicious and perfect for the fall season :)

I think I might have to try the original recipe that I used as my basis for these blondies. It sounds yummy :)

Until next time >___<

6 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I have been avoiding all the Halloween candy coming out, but butterscotch is one of my favorites, I may have to look for those m&m's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love butterscotch, you'll like those M&Ms :)

      Delete
  2. Please wrap one of those and send to me...immediately!! Those look amazing. With a cup of warm coffee, with extra creamer. I can feel my arteries closing up as we speak. LOL

    As for M&Ms, I love, love, love the peanut butter kind. But, I've had to downsize to the small bags. Once one of those 3 pound babies is open, it is GONE. I'm pretty sure that is not too healthy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arteries closing?! Definitely with those blondies. Sugar overload for sure :)

      Those are my favorite too! Peanut is my second favorite in M&Ms.

      They are addictive. I can see how a big bag is eaten so fast. They are so yummy, you don't notice you keep reaching in the bag for more (O_o")

      Delete
  3. Dense, moist and full of flavor - can there be better Blondies? Nooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol they are delicious, but I would love to try the desserts you show on your blog! They look even more amazing :)

      Delete