Saturday, September 24, 2016

Saturday Antiquing

Hi! My mom, sister, and I went to Pensacola today for an antique show that was being held at the fairgrounds. 

There was so much to see! Old furniture, Civil War items, books, glass, ceramics, textiles, and jewelry.


One of booths had this gorgeous chatelaine for sale. My sister and I were admiring it and the dealer said she had the price at a thousand, but would take $700.

Sorry, I'll never have that type of money to shell out on my salary. But I will admit it was beautiful.


I came across a curious collection of ceramic bunnies so you know I'd stop and take a picture of them.


My favorite seller was selling her brooches at the show! I ended up buying a few for my collection and to wear to work.

The two brooches on the top row date to the Edwardian period. They have the older 'C' clasp on the back with a round hinge.

My sister and I came across this lovely modern zodiac brooch. It is the symbol for Capricorn. It isn't my sign, but it was too pretty and just plain fun so I couldn't not buy it.

My mom is a Capricorn so I told her she could wear it to work if she wanted :) I think it would be perfect for Mardi Grad as it has that sort of feel to it.

I wish I could find a lovely Gemini brooch! That would be neat >__<

Until next time >___ <

No comments:

Post a Comment