Sunday, September 4, 2016

Primitive Hare - Witch's Kitchen finish ♡



Pattern: Witch's Kitchen by The Primitive Hare
Fabric: 28ct Jobelan lambswool linen by Wichelt
Threads: DMC 310 and 972
Start/Finish: 8/31 - 9/4/2016

Good evening! I hope my readers in the US are having a great Labor Day weekend.

My sister and I went across the bay today to the Michael's store in the Eastern Shore mall. I was looking for the Caron Cakes yarn that Caron had just put out. I saw it yesterday in the store in town and they were sold out of almost all the colors (NO!!!!!)

I was able to find one of the colors at the store in the Eastern Shore this morning. I bought two of the bumbleberry color, which is a lovely variegated purple.

When I asked the cashier at my local store if they were getting more of the yarn in , she said yes. They didn't realize it would be so popular. Honesty, I didn't think it would be either. I guess there are more Caron yarn fans in Mobile than I realized!!! Or they just liked the colors in that new line.

It's sad that the line is exclusive to Michael's and has sold out online. You can only get them in the stores!!!! I wish Caron would let you buy them from their website. Since that line celebrates 100 years of the Caron company, you'd think they would want it in more stores than just Michael's.

In other crafting news, I finished the Witch's Kitchen design today. I decided not to stitch the border as I felt it would be too much yellow.

It will go in my 'to finish' pile of cross stitch designs until I decide how to finish it :)

I'm not sure if I should start another design or stitch on my WIP Sampler 4 Saisons tomorrow. I think I will probably stitch on my WIP......hopefully my order from Needle in a Haystack comes in sometime this month.

The pattern called for dolphin linen by Weeks Dye Works and two skeins of aubergine thread by Gloriana Florimell. The store didn't have 36ct in their inventory, but they could order 35ct since they usually have it in stock.

I'm thinking happy thoughts so my order doesn't get backordered!!

Have a great Labor Day tomorrow! Be safe!

Until next time >___<

1 comment:

  1. A nice little finish that you have here. And great that you finished it in time before Halloween.
    I have seen the Caron Cakes on someone else's blog and I'm sure it's the colour line that makes these Cakes so popular. I hope you will get some more when Michael's restocks on them.

    ReplyDelete