Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Sunday Baking - Cinnamon, Cloves, and Chocolate Cookies



Good morning everyone! While at the library, I found a book called The Cardamom Trail by Chetna Makan, one of the semi-finalists on The Great British Bake Off show in 2014. If you haven't watched any of the seasons of The Great British Bake Off, you should give them a try. I know that Amazon Prime has one of the seasons and Netflix has another. I think my sister was telling me that PBS had bought the rights to air them in the US so I am hoping they will start airing them soon. We had watched one season on PBS......they need all the seasons!!!

After making that flourless cardamom chocolate cake earlier this year, I knew I had to check out the book and make something.

Sadly, my mom and sister aren't fans of cardamom....especially my mom. I was joking with her that she is a Betty Crocker person. She likes the classics in baking and isn't much for trying different flavors.

So looking through The Cardamom Trail, I found a recipe for cinnamon, clove, chocolate, and pistachio cookies. I was thinking surely my mom will like these, they don't have cardamom and they have pistachios, she loves pistaschios.

Sigh........to no avail. I think they are fabulous. Everyone likes them except for my mom. She's a hard one to please when it comes to sweets.

Maybe I need to just flip through our Betty Crocker cookbook and find an old fashion brownie recipe or something?!?!?

I will definitely check out this book again if I don't add it to my Amazon wishlist for my birthday or Christmas. I would love to try more of Chetna's recipes.....especially the ones featuring cardamom. If I have to, I'll just eat the whole dessert by myself O_o" LOL

On a different subject, when I was coming back to our house from delivering my cookies to my aunt's family, I noticed we had a tiny guest on our sidewalk. A tiny little turtle. I barely had time to take a photo of him before he scampered off into the yard. I hope he wasn't headed to the backyard because our dog Sam doesn't leave turtles in peace. He will sadly play them to death.

It's that time of year when turtles are on the move in search of water. Hopefully Sam doesn't start a collection of turtles this year!!

Until next time ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment