Sunday, May 22, 2016

Saying goodbye to our kitty Bella


So for the last couple of weeks we were noticing that our kitty Bella was losing weight quickly and occasionally vomiting. This week she wouldn't eat and would only drink if the water was running from a faucet.

I talked to one of coworkers on Friday about it and he said it sounded like kidney failure. We were going to take her to the vet on Saturday, but my sister found a vet in town who was open 24 hours so we took Bella on Friday.

They ran tests and found that Bella did have acute kidney failure. We opted to try treatments even though it was a 50/50 chance. This afternoon the vet called to tell us that Bella wasn't improving and that we needed to let her go.

We went to vet and spent a few minutes with her. I couldn't stay to watch her go and went out in the parking lot and cried while my mom and sister stayed with Bella until she was put to sleep.

It's amazing how pets can claim your heart. I don't think any of us have ever regretted adopting Bella 6 years ago. She has given us crazy moments, funny moments, and unconditional kitty love. You can't ask for more than that.

I found a cute picture of Bella that I had posted on my blog a while ago. She was always patiently putting up with our crazy nonsense, including posing with my amigurumi.

We will miss you little Bella!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry, Rachel. Pets forever hold a piece of our heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry, Rachel. Pets forever hold a piece of our heart.

    ReplyDelete