Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May Amigurumi Roundup


My little amigurumi for the month of May. I like all of them......though my favorite has to be the sparkly bat on the lower left. I love the yarn used for the bat and glittery purple felt I used for his ears and wings!!

I had gone to Michael's on Sunday with my sister. I was in search of craft glue (which I didn't find....I really like The Ultimate glue at Hobby Lobby.....it must be their brand because I can't find it elsewhere!!) But while I was looking at Caron Simply Soft yarn, my sister found a selection of clearance yarn by Isaac Mizrahi. It reminded me of Caron's party line of yarn.

My sister was adamant that I pick up the black color to make a bat amigurumi. The color is called Barrymore.

I'm in love with this yarn.......and that's hard for me to say because I am a Caron Simply Soft fangirl. Isaac Mizrahi's brand isn't as thick as Caron despite both of them being a size 4 weight, but it works up well. I was worried that the yarn was going to work up too loosely for me to stuff the doll with Polyfil, but it wasn't a problem at all.

I have a feeling I'll have to go to Michael's again and pick up more colors in this sparkly line of yarn........which is breaking my resolution to not buy yarn unless I really need a color of yarn for a project........but at a clearance price of $2.99 a skein, it is calling my name across town like a siren!

Evil siren.......bane of the checking account!

Until next time ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment