Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sunday Baking - Apple Cake

This morning I baked a chunky apple cake from a recipe I found on Taste of Home's website.

I had been searching high and low for a recipe that called for red delicious apples, but was coming up with nothing.  So when I ran across this recipe, I decided to give it a go.

The recipe calls for tart apples, but I decided to try it anyway because it called for 6 cups of apples. One of my sister's friends gave her a bag of apples for Christmas and I needed to figure out what to do with them before they went bad so this seemed like a good recipe to try them on.

Oven to 325° and 40 minutes later, a lovely brown apple cake. I made the butterscotch sause a few minutes before the cake came out of the oven. I poked holes in the cake with a fork and poured the sauce all over to absorb into the cake.



Overall, I was pleased with the recipe. I am, however, not a fan of butterscotch so I think the next time I make this recipe, I will make a caramel sauce.

Note: if you plan on using red delicious apples like I did you need to cut the sugar in the recipe as red delicious apples are quite sweet to begin with. I added only one cup of sugar to the batter instead of the recommended two cups. With the butterscotch sauce, it still comes out nice and sweet.

Until next time >___<

No comments:

Post a Comment