Saturday, August 8, 2015

Crochet Fingerless Gloves Pattern


Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Party variegated violet
Hook: size H
Start/Finish: 8/7-8/2015

Hi, everyone. I found a great tutorial online for crocheted fingerless gloves. I thought I'd give it a try. My first attempt at making these gloves wasn't a disaster, but they were too small so I tried again with a longer chain and the gloves fit nicely with some room to spare.

Her pattern calls for a chain of 25 then a half double crochet (hdc) in the third chain from the hook, and continue to the end with a hdc in each stitch. Chain 2 at the end of the row and turn. Hdc in each stitch across and repeat until you get the desired length you want.

Once you have the length you want, fold your work in half and whip stitch the edges, leaving room for your thumb where you don't whip stitch the edges together (I went with two inches).

To get the ribbed look in the pattern, you hdc in the back loops only on each row. Of course, if you don't like the ribbed look, you could just hdc like normal in each stitch. I went with the ribbed look.

I ended up beginning with a chain of 42, which gave me 39 hdc stitches across. I stitched 18 rows, which gave me a glove that went a little bit past my wrist.

I love the yarn I used for this pattern. Caron yarn has put out some new colors in their Party line and I happened to run across the variegated violet yarn while out shopping.....into my cart it went!!

Overall, I liked her patten. It was easy to follow and great for beginners. I think the next time I attempt this pattern, I will work on 'tighten up' my stitches so the wrist part isn't loose.

Until next time >____<

No comments:

Post a Comment