Sunday, September 14, 2014

Football Game - USA vs MSU

Yesterday, my sister and I went to a football game with our friends downtown at Ladd Stadium. It was the first time our college, University of South Alabama, has played a SEC team. The game sold out which is amazing! 44,000 people! Egads!

I took a few pictures of the marching band when they came out on the field. I used to play in a marching band when I was in high school so I have a fondness for all marching bands.



My sister's friends from work had a small cookout before we walked over to the stadium. Claire makes some amazing sausage balls with cheese!

I think we were unprepared for the barely tolerable heat at the stadium. We had thought it was going to storm yesterday as all the weather reports indicated 60% of rain.....but we received sunny skies with only a few clouds to shade us for a moment or two.

It was so hot that many people around us were leaving the game early to go home and watch it on TV or listen to it on the radio. I ended up going back into the breezeway/concession stand area of the stadium to sit in the breeze because of dizziness. I wasn't the only person sitting out the game because of the heat. Claire saw someone fall out in one of the concession lines and one of the USA cheerleaders was taken off the field for heat exhaustion. Yucky southern weather!!!

I joked with my sister that next time we need to go see a game in late October because at least by then the south might be in the midst of fall weather.

Sadly, we didn't do well in the game, but I think it is a learning experience for USA and I hope they do better in the future.

Go Jags!

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment