Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Fearsome Beastie!

Or at least he is supposed to be a fearsome beastie, but this cthulhu is too adorable for his own good. I fear he will be laughed at by his fellow cthulhus.....
Pattern: Cthulhu by Rural Rebellion
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Limelight
Hook: Size H
Notions: 10mm safety eyes
Start/Finish: 11/24-25/2013

I think Rural Rebellion is right....this cthulhu is certainly cuddly and snuggly! I loved expanding my crochet skills with this pattern....especially those wings!

And...............I used a new hook for this pattern. I've been eyeballing (gross!) these hooks for a while now and I finally broke down and bought this one.....

A size H soft touch crochet hook from Clover. I wanted to get one of the colored handle ones, but in that line of hooks they don't have a size H so I went with their standard hooks instead.

LOVE THIS HOOK TO PIECES! It makes stitching so much easier in a weird way and it doesn't put stress on your hands and wrists like the normal aluminum hooks do. I love it so much that I went out and bought the size G hook while I was at HB over the weekend.......I might just have to start a collection of them. They are fantastic!

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment