Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympics - Geekiness

Good morning! Are you glad it's Friday? To make the day even more awesome, it is the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 Olympics in London today. In honor of the Olympics, I decided to make cupcakes for everyone at work today.





I found freebie templates online for American and British flag cupcake toppers. I secured them to toothpicks using double-sided tape and presto, instant cuteness! (I apologize for the awful photos. My sister took my camera with her to RI this week so I'm stuck with the camera I used in England. Which is funny because I thought it was fabulous when I was there, but now it's just horrible. Ah, the changes in technology!)

I made two types of cupcakes, one chocolate cake and the other a yellow cake, both are decorated with vanilla frosting and sprinkles. I really wish I had picked up some 4th of July themed sprinkles this year before the holiday, but I wasn't thinking that I would make anything for the Olympics. Oh, well....they are still cute cupcakes and not bad for box mix ;)

Don't forget to watch the Opening Ceremony tonight! I can't wait to see what London has in store for the world to see!!

Until next time ^___^

P.S. Thanks to everyone that has commented on my finish on the Peace sampler ;)

1 comment: