Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Night


A ghoulish pumpkin


Igor pumpkin

My mother and I carved our pumpkins on Sunday afternoon. It seems every store in town was sold out so I had to stop by a local produce stand to get some pumpkins. I carved the ghoulish pumpkin while my mother carved the Igor pumpkin. Igor is actually suppose to be Dracula, but she accidentally carved too much out of the pumpkin so she tried to make something else out of it. I say wicked cool for a mistake!



I used this type of kit to make paper lanterns the first year we celebrated Halloween. This year I went by Hobby Lobby and they were still selling this kit. It comes with 10 paper bags, a plastic stencil, and a cutting board. I stenciled and cut the lanterns last week while watching Halloween movies on TV.

We used them to line our driveway as we have several areas where roots from our old oak tree have come up and we didn't want any of the kids to fall and hurt themselves.

Overall we enjoyed ourselves last night. We had quite a crowd of kids for a Halloween Monday. We were running out of candy by 8pm and I ended up literally dumping the last of the candy (quite a lot of it) into a lucky kid's bag and claimed that they were the last trick-or-treater of the night. Off went the lights and we quickly took down all the spiderweb, lanterns, and lights and threw out the pumpkins.

My favorite costumes of the night were:

1) A family of four dressed as characters from the Wizard of Oz. Their little boy was the tin man, complete with silver face paint, oil can hat, and nose.

2) A teenage boy dressed up as a cheerleader. I say ROCK ON my friend! He has donned this costume every year and it always surprises me because I'm looking down to grab candy when he comes up and says 'Happy Halloween'.

3) A little boy dressed up as Alvin the Chipmunk. Very cute and adorable!

Until next time ^_____^

1 comment:

  1. LOL...that is cute! The pumpkins turned out well. :) Never carved one myself. I loved the lanterns...I wanted to do something like that but ran out of time. You need to come to Hollywood for Halloween one year...there will be a lot more than just a boy in a cheerleader's outfit..hehe

    Tell you more later dear! :)

    ReplyDelete