Friday, September 30, 2011

September Recap

September Recap:

Read:
1. Seeing a Large Cat by Elizabeth Peters
2. Heartless by Gail Carriger
3. The Merchant of Venice: Manga Shakespeare by Faye Yong
4. The Ape Who Guards the Balance by Elizabeth Peters
5. The Good Witch of the West: The Secret Flower Garden by Noriko Ogiwara
6. Hansel and Gretel, Tale #15 by the Brothers Grimm
7. Book Girl and the Captive Fool by Mizuki Nomura
8. Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen
9. With the Light, Vol. 8, Finale by Keiko Tobe

Stitched:
1. Wonderland Rabbit by Shiny Room Designs
2. Hansel and Gretel by Shiny Room Designs

Finished:
1. Wonderland Rabbit biscornu

It hasn't been a productive month for stitching, but I must admit that I loved stitching those biscornu patterns by Shiny Room Designs.

On another note, I've started reading the massive penny dreadful, Varney the Vampire by James Malcolm Rymer. As some of you might know, I've been reading books off of my 'to read' shelf in order to make time to read Varney the Vampire. It is a delightful example of sensational literature in the mid-Victorian period.

As the book is definitely a 'monster' in terms of page size and font type, it might take me a while to read this novel, but I'm up to the challenge >___<

Don't worry about a bunch of blog posts on the novel, I don't want to overload you with possibly boring posts on Victorian literature! I'll probably post only a few times on the novel if I can help it O_o"

With that in mind, I think I'll have to establish some sort of schedule for myself in order to get some stitching done next month. Maybe I can stitch for an hour or two per day (perhaps before work and during lunch) and then spend the rest of the time reading....hmmm......much to think about!

I hope you are enjoying the start of fall where ever you are in the world.

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. I love your Recaps...I don't have the discipline to write down everything I do. :p hehe I am sorry but any book that huge, I would not be able to read. Go Bunny Go! hehe

    ReplyDelete