Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hansel and Gretel




Design: Hansel and Gretel by Shiny Room Designs
Fabric: 28ct tea Monaco linen by Charles Craft
Threads: DMC
Start: 9/15/2011


I started stitching this design on Thursday after I finished reading my book by Elizabeth Peters. I stitched a bit yesterday morning and was hoping to stitch more after working on the yard later in the evening.

Unfortunately, I had a bit of a mishap yesterday evening. I was using the riding mower to mow the front yard and was getting off the mower to open the backyard gate to start back there. As I was getting off the mower, I misstepped and slightly twisted my ankle. I can't remember the last time I had fallen...maybe in undergrad while working at an archaeology lab. During that time, I had tripped while carrying a large bucket of shell midden debris and fell down on a concrete floor and bruised my knees quite badly.

So I had misstepped off the mower, fell back on my bum and hands. Thank goodness for blue jeans which meant I came away with no scrapes from the gravel pavement. I clutched my foot for a bit before getting up and hobbling over to open the gate. I got back on the mower with the idea of mowing the backyard. I didn't get very far as the vibrations from the mower were making my ankle worse every time I turned the mower. I ended up back inside with a ice pack and a cushion. Luckily, it was only a slight sprain.

With all that in mind, whatever plans I had the weekend were interrupted and I spent this morning sitting in a chair stitching on this design and watching the Food Network. I got to watch an episode of The Pioneer Woman, which I hadn't been able to catch since it came out on TV and a great episode of the Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics on one of my favorite subjects: baking cookies.

I hope my sprain will be better by Monday when I have to go to work. I was joking with my family that I needed to special order a Lucius Malfoy cane from online to use on Monday >___<

Until next time ^___^

3 comments:

  1. I have just seen the two biscornus that you finished lately. Congratulations, they are really wonderful. And this one will be just as great. I had never seent his chart before. Very interesting.
    I hope your ankle will be much better after the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Bunny...I hope your ankle feels better soon. At least you got to do some stitching. It's always nice to have an excuse to stitch. :) What were your weekend plans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Hope your ankle isn't hurting anymore
    Love the Hansel and Gretel biscornu...too cute!

    ReplyDelete