Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gifts from far away

Good afternoon! With a week of cold weather, it was nice to come home to a multitude of packages, most of them being gifts ordered online, but two packages came from friends in California and New Zealand.

My dear friend in California sent me a package of goodies from Taiwan. Her mother went on a trip to Taiwan in November to visit her family and friends and bought me some yummy dried fruit, rice balls, and pineapple pastries. My friend asked me if there was anything that I especially wanted from Taiwan and I asked for stationery with bunnies on it so her mother bought me two sets of note paper featuring bunnies, good luck bunny stickers, and two gorgeous Christmas cards!!

I received the package on Monday. Here is a picture of all the goodies from Taiwan. The pineapple pastries were sinful!! I brought alot of the goodies to work with me so a co-worker and I could taste test everything ;)



On Wednesday, I received a Christmas package from my friend in New Zealand, which was full of 'kiwi' gifts!! She sent me a very large bar of Whittaker's kiwi fruit chocolate, a wooden box with a New Zealand ram containing a small silver charm of a NZ fern, a miniature book of friendship sayings, a collection of stationery, a penguin ruler, a kiwi bird replica (very cute! I plan on putting it on one of my bookshelves with my other knick-knacks!), and two lovely cross-stitch penguin designs.



Here is a close-up picture of the two penguin designs that she stitched for me on Aida cloth. Aren't they cute?!



I forgot to take a picture of the cross stitch pattern that she sent me! It is by Mary Hickmott Designs and is called Blackwork Flowers. I've never tried blackwork embroidery before so I can't wait to start one of these flowers in the near future!



Yesterday, I stopped by the post office and sent out my two Christmas packages to California and New Zealand. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the package to New Zealand arrives in time for Christmas!

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. What a great present from your friend in NZ. I think Santa will make sure your present makes it to NZ on time.

    ReplyDelete