Thursday, December 30, 2010

Anime Christmas 2010

Hi, everyone. I spent the evening with friends exchanging gifts and watching The Sorcerer's Apprentice.



Every year I get the same three basic items that make up the start of a gift bag for each friend: a bento box, a manga volume, and a cell phone charm. I then add some small gifts to the overall Christmas bag.

This year I saw these lovely bento drawstring bags on eBay so I bought those instead of bento boxes. Each bag had a different fruit design: apples, bananas, or grapes. The small gifts added to each bag were a ceramic rice bowl decorated with flowers, a cherry blossom metal bookmark, a 'tiniest in the world' puzzle kit, various candy such as Pocky, lucky stars, gummies, rice candy, and Yan-Yans.

I put alot of the candy in a gingerbread box. Aren't they cute? I found those boxes at Target in their dollar section. I really should have bought more of them for next year!!

I added two special gifts to my friend Kristina's bag: the photo-ornament with the Christmas Bells that I had stitched earlier in the month and a daily planner from Taiwan featuring one of her favorite bands, Fahrenheit.

I received some nice gifts from my friends including The Twelve Dancing Princesses by Kinuko Y. Craft, one of my favorite children's illustrators. I loved that fairy tale as a child. I also received two brooches (to add to my growing stash!), purple ear buds (they match my iPod), stationery, a candle decorated with my favorite anime characters, scented hand sanitizer, and a bag of Dove chocolates (yummy!).

Thanks to my friends for such a fun evening!

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment