Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wow! Fun times ;)

Halloween was a blast. My sister and I were never allowed to participate in Halloween when we were growing up (long story, not worth going into) so this year we decided to decorate and give out candy to the neighborhood kids. It was so much fun! There were some amazing costumes out there.

Favorite costumes:

Cutest: A little girl as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Her dress was sparkly and she had the matching red glitter shoes!

Scariest: A father dressed as a very creepy clown with a bloody mask. I'm not a fan of clowns, never have been. This costume was worthy of nightmares and phobias!

Most amusing: Two teenage guys cross-dressing in historical women's costumes from Queen Elizabeth's time period. I was bending down to get candy out of our bowl for them and didn't realize they were two guys until I looked up when one of them said, "Happy Halloween!"

Most inventive: A father dressed as a beer can!

Most obsessed with sports: A cute little boy dressed in a NASCAR costume and driving one of those motorized NASCAR cars!


Craziest quotes of the night:

Teenage girl: "Can have enough for two? My friend is sick." To which my aunt, who was dressed as the guy from Scream, said, "That's a nice lie." The girl turned around and said, "It isn't a lie." LOL I didn't give her extra. She got the same amount everyone else did.

Little boy: He saw our graveyard scene with tiki torches lighting it and said, "The power of FIRE!" It was the weirdest thing I've ever heard a little kid say.

Teenage girl: "Wow! I know who you are. You're one of those women from the old times!" To which I replied, "Hmm....yes." If you're wandering what I wore, it was my costume from last year.



A couple of years ago my aunt Snowbird made the dress in the bottom left. She made it out of sky blue cotton satine and cream colored lace. After this year, I'm going to have to retire this costume. It was a bit tight last night, which means I need to lose weight (ugh!) to wear it again or find another pattern to make ;)

The only downers of the night were the teenage kids who weren't dressed up at all. My sister said that we should have made them sing for their candy! I think next year we should definitely do that. The other downer were two or three parents taken their kids around the neighborhood who were drinking beer. That isn't a good example to set for your kids. If you want to drink on Halloween, go to an adult party and not trick-or-treating with your kids.

Otherwise it was a great night. There were several parents that were taking pictures of our house decorations. We seemed to be the only house that had carved pumpkins. I thought that was a Halloween tradition. We also had cut-out lanterns lining the driveway. I was glad that a lot of parents decided to walk up the driveway instead of through the yard so their children could see the decorations.


A bugaboo and grinning pumpkin.


A cat in the moon and a pirate skull.

I can't wait for next year's Halloween.

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun. I love to see the little kids. Can't wait until next year.

    ReplyDelete