Sunday, November 1, 2009

Holiday stash

Yesterday morning I stopped by All Strung Out, my LNS. I was looking for some nice fabrics to use for my holiday stitching.

I came away with some lovely fabrics and few other goodies.



Fabrics:
28ct. Quaker rue green
28ct. Misty blue
32ct. cream Belfast

Threads: (Don't you just love the names!)
Cottage Colours - Secondhand Rose
Gentle Art Sampler Threads - Midnight and Raspberry Parfait

30% off winter kits:
Tiny Treasured Diamond, Mill Hill kit - Poinsettia
Holiday Ornament, Mill Hill bead kit - Holly Leaves

I bought these little kits because they focus on two types of techniques that I have not tried before. Both kits feature beads as the main design element and the one little kit it stitched on perforated paper, which is new to me.

I can't rave enough about All Strung Out. It is a great store and the employees are very nice and willing to order anything that you need. While I was waiting for my fabric to be cut, I was telling one of the ladies about the texture of fabric and how great it was to have a LNS where I could feel the fabrics before buying them. She told me that she would be happy to order any fabric that I needed and that if the texture wasn't good, she would put it in the fabric section for someone else to pick up. How nice it that?!

If you live anywhere near Mobile and you are looking for a good cross stitch/knitting/needlepoint store, you should check out All Strung Out. I'm glad we finally have this store. It beats an hour and a half commute to Pensacola, which is the next nearest LNS.

I've just fray-checked my cream-colored fabric so I'm off to start something new!

Until next time ^____^ I hope everyone has a great Sunday and the upcoming work week.

1 comment: