Saturday, November 14, 2009

Forgotten arts



My family and I are going to see our great-aunt in Uriah today. As a surprise, my aunt brought some flowers, candles, etc. and made this lovely Thanksgiving centerpiece for our great-aunt. Isn't is lovely? I could never do something like this, it takes a talent to arrange flowers to their best advantage.

I woke early this morning to go by the Abba Temple in town. They were hosting a local crafters show. I brought several things (mostly Christmas gifts) and a beautiful something for myself.





Isn't it gorgeous! While I waiting for my other purchases to be boxed up, I walked around to see the other vendors. I kept passing by this lovely bear...and eventually lost the willpower to not buy it. I love the fabric used to construct this little bear.

Sadly, I can't show any photos of the other purchases I made at the craft show because they are Christmas gifts. I'll have photos after the holidays ;)

Though the craft show had less vendors than last year, it was great to see so many talented individuals selling their crafts. Be it handmade clothes/pillows, carved wood items, or painted porcelain, it is good to know that such arts are not completely forgotten in our technological-driven society.

I'll post later this weekend if I have any cross stitch goodies to show. I'm stitching another French design from De Fil en Aiguille. Once I finish that up, I hope to start stitching on some gifts for my anime club friends.

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment