Sunday, November 1, 2009

A secret revealed

This morning I woke up early, relatively speaking. My brain hadn't adjusted to the time change and I woke up at 7:30 this morning. I got dressed to go by my local Target store to get some things for lunch this week.

As I drove up to the store at 8, there was a crowd of people outside the entrances clamoring to get inside. I decided to go on the side entrance where I knew the Halloween decor would be located.

I came away with several bags of spiderweb material, some window clings, some speciality candies (for a friend's Halloween package that I haven't sent out yet!) and a few Halloween yard decorations for next year.

I got the following items:



Two of these lanterns, which I thought would be great as decorations next year.



One of these little cuties. I can't wait to display this next year. Isn't it fun? I love holiday themed votive holders.

While I was going back to the other side of the store to see what speciality candy they had on sale, I noticed a lady with THREE carts FULL of bag candy!!! I'm not kidding. I wish I had a camera with me. I couldn't understand why she had so much candy. I saw several other people with one or two carts full of candy. By the time I got to the candy section, there were three aisles that were empty. That's a lot of candy.

I went around to the speciality candy and I stopped a lady and asked her about it. She said she had a friend who operated one of the Mardi Gras floats. She said that a lot of the organizations will wait until after a holiday and buy up all the candy to throw off the floats.

I never knew that. LOL That's what I get for only going to a Mardi Gras parade maybe three times in my whole life.

Well, now I know the secret to people with three carts full of candy. So beware Mobilians, you will be eating Halloween candy in February!!

Until next time! ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment