Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Book finish….almost!

Well, I thought I would be able to finish stitching on my LNS Bookshelf design by Friday and have the gold thread stitches done over the weekend. LOL I overestimated my stitching abilities and had less time to stitch then I thought on Saturday. Needless to say, I had everything finished on Sunday but the gold stitches on the books, which reminds me that I need to go by Joann’s Fabrics this weekend and get the thread I’m looking for.


Design: Little House Needleworks, The Bookshelf
Thread: DMC colors
Fabric: 28 ct Cashel Zweigart
Finished: 4 weeks, 1 in December, 3 in January


What do you think? I took this photo this morning before heading off to work. Sorry about the dark photo, not much you can do with natural light when the sun is barely up in the sky! I will have to stash this design away until I can save up the money to get her framed.

I was going to take photos of my stitched design yesterday, but I had a terrible headache that refused to go away regardless of the Tylenol I took and the food I ate when I got home. It was definitely one of those headaches that you need to just lie down and sleep away. I finally gave up watching The Tudors season one and went to bed.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to stitch on my Elements sampler this week. It has been neglected since I’ve was madly stitching away on the Bookshelf design. As much as I love monochrome designs such as the Element sampler, it is nice to stitch on something that has other colors in it.

With my mind on books, have you guys seen the new design by Blue Ribbon Designs called Read Between the Lines? As much as I would love to buy it in order to stitch up some bookmarks, I’m determined to stick to my stitcher’s resolution and only work on designs in my stash.

Also on the subject of books, have you checked out Jane Austen’s World lately? The lovely lady who writes this blog wrote a post about some amazing jewelry that features miniature vignettes of some of the original illustrations for Ms. Austen’s novels. The lady who makes these fabulous bracelets and purse charms is very talented! She has photos of her creations online! My favorite is the Persuasion bracelet! I am sorely tempted to email her and ask about prices for her various pieces.

LOL Enough rambling about book-related nonsense, I don’t want to bore the lot of you with my giddiness over Jane Austen-themed jewelry, especially if you aren’t into her books.

Happy Stitching and/or reading ^____^

1 comment:

  1. The Bookshelf design turned out great. I'm sure you will find the perfect frame. I like your self-control with the stitching. I know the feeling about wanting to start another new project with unfinished projects just staring at you. Such a good feeling Bunny!

    ReplyDelete