Friday, January 23, 2009

A bee….

....must be in my bonnet because I’ve been stitching like a madwoman over the last couple of weeks since the New Year started. I decided to put my Elements sampler aside in order to stitch up a design by Little House Needleworks that I had started before Christmas. As a booklover, I fell in love with their Bookshelf design a couple of months ago when I saw it at my LNS….I had to buy it.

I must say that I can see why Nicole loves their designs so much, they are quite fun to stitch and very pretty. I have stitched everything, but the top portion of the design with the potted plant and the rows of books. Hopefully, I can have it finished by tonight so on the weekend I can run by Joann’s Fabric and pick up the gold metallic thread for the book binding stitches. I couldn’t find the thread when I went by Hobby Lobby several weeks ago to buy the threads for this design.

With those few stitches completely, I’ll be able to take photos of my finished design and post it!! My aunt tells me that there is a framing store in Saraland that everyone in her office who crafts has been raving about. Supposedly, the framing is excellent and the prices are a lot cheaper than other stores in the area. My aunt and I have made tentative plans to take a trip up to see the store in the future.

If you have ever seen The Bookshelf design you will notice the little gate beside the Secret Garden section, I would love to find a frame that is arch-shaped!!! I think it would be lovely beside my bookshelves at home. It would symbolize not only one of my favorite books of all time, The Secret Garden, but also symbolize the essence of books as gateways into other worlds.

Speaking of books, I am awaiting the arrival of a book that I purchased on eBay called A Cut and a Kiss by Anthony Hope. I loved his book The Prisoner of Zenda and couldn’t resist this book when I saw it on eBay!!!

Happy Stitching everyone ^___^

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished piece of stitching. So far so good. The arched frame will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete