Saturday, February 18, 2017

Saturday Antiquing - Dragon Tea set and Cross Stitch/Embroidery


This morning I went by Cotton City Antiques to look around. I was hoping to find some bundt or cake pans, but didn't see anything that wasn't in horrible condition.

However, I did see some lovely pieces while browsing. I saw this beautiful tea set depicting dragons. I found the set online and the raised designs on the dragons are called moriage. They were made in Japan from the late 19th century and continue to be part of ceramics in the present day. This set was probably made in the 1970s.


In terms of cross stitch and embroidery, I saw lots of new items I hadn't seen the last time I went to the antique mall.

Antique cross stitch sampler from 1927

Embroidered pillow with strawberries and butterfly

Embroidered basket scarf depicting a basket with flowers

Vintage cross stitch pattern

Cross stitch tea towel with peacock. The colors were beautiful.

I didn't buy anything this go around though I was sorely tempted by that dragonware tea set and several of the cross stitch/embroidery designs.

Have a great weekend!

Until next time ^____^

3 comments:

  1. Interesting to read about the tea set! What a lovely collection of stitching ..... very tempting! Fun to see, thanks for sharing!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always tempted by vintage embroidery and cross stitch :) I just don't have room for everything I admire. Lol

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean ..... I have quite a few embroidered tablecloths hidden away that I just couldn't resist!
      Barbara x

      Delete