Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Cherry Blossom Season 2017



It's that time of year folks! That's right, it's cherry blossom season. Well, at least in my first yard anyway. I am glad to see our tree blossom as we had a mini drought during the fall and I thought maybe it hadn't gotten enough rain, but it proved me wrong by budding last week.

It isn't unusual to see my cherry tree blossoming in January, but it is odd to admire it in 70 degree weather.

Maybe one day I'll be able to travel to somewhere that has cherry trees in abundance! That would be beautiful.

I hope you are having a good week so far!

Until next time ^____^

2 comments:

  1. Good evening, Rachel. Not a lot of cherry trees in my area, but we have almond trees that are close to the same color. What usually happens...the trees bloom, beautiful. It rains, not so beautiful. LOL As most of them are from old, old orchards and not harvested anymore, it's all good. And they are pretty in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure seeing an orchard full of blossoming trees is beautiful! It sounds like it :)

      Yes, I hate it when rain gets to flowering trees, etc before they have reached their peak!! Most years that is what happens to our azaleas.

      Delete