Monday, October 31, 2016

October - Last week of stitching


Hi, everyone! Are you giving out candy for Halloween, having a party, or relaxing with a bag of your favorite candy? We are being lazy and eating candy instead of giving it out :P

My last week of stitching sees a tree trunk taking form on my Sampler 4 Saisons pattern. Bad news, I'm running out of my DMC 498....I might have to start the new dye lot!!! Horrors!!


On Sweet Christmas, I didn't make as much progress, but I have a good excuse. I was working on my Christmas exchange ornament. I need to go by the craft store this weekend to look for cording for the ornament. As I told Amanda, with three craft stores in town I should be able to find what I'm looking for.


On Sunday morning I tried the harvest loaves again using muscovado sugar. While they turned out well, the taste wasn't much different from regular brown sugar. I think it might have to do with how much butter and eggs are in the recipe and the absent of any spices to compliment the muscovado sugar.

I think I'll try this again, but I'll switch gears and look for a pumpkin recipe!

The month of November will still be devoted to stitching, but I'll be working on amigurumi too.

Until next time >___<

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Rachel, you have been so busy with your Four Seasons. What a progress you made on it. It's also always great to see Sweet Christmas grow.
    These harvest loaves look very yummy.

    ReplyDelete