Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Recap

Read:

1. Nutcracker Nation by Jennifer Fisher
2. The Exploits of Brigandier Gerard by Arthur Conan Doyle
3. American Notes by Charles Dickens
4. The Talking Totem Pole by Lurline Bowles Mayol
5. Billy Bunny and Uncle Bull Frog by David Cory
6. The World of Dew: Aspects of Living Japan by D.J. Enright
7. The Magic Garden by Gene Stratton-Porter

Crafts:
1. Deadpool amigurumi
2. Captain America amigurumi
3. 2 octopus amigurumi
4. Sailor Uranus amigurumi
5. Totoro amigurumi
6. Ness amigurumi
7. Goffing amigurumi
8. Eevee amigurumi

Finishes:
1. Country Cottage Needleworks Strawberry Cake

Hi, everyone! It seems a great night to blog as it is raining cats and dogs outside. It's been a crazy month of amigurumi making, but I did make time to finish the strawberry cake design from CCN this month for my Friday Frolic project.

In terms of books, I think my favorites were American Notes by Charles Dickens and an adorable children's book from 1920, Billy Bunny and Uncle Bull Frog by David Cory.

American Notes was a travelogue that Charles Dickens compiled after his travels to America in 1842. I have been wanting to read it for ages and finally find a copy of it at the Book Nook last year.

(Yes, it took me this long read it.......I get easily distracted by books and usually have a pile or two (or three O_o") of books that I need to read. One of my resolutions this year was to read more from my 'unread' stacks before buying new books.)

My goals for May will, of course, be more amigurumi making and I think for cross stitch I will switch gears and stitch on my Sampler 4 Saisons again for my Friday Frolic project :)

Until next time ^_____^

No comments:

Post a Comment