Thursday, January 1, 2015

December Skoshbox



Good morning, everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful first day of the New Year! I have a few posts that I need to get up so here goes!

I received December's skoshbox at the beginning of the month, but wasn't able to post about it since I was busy stitching various gifts for friends for Christmas.

Favorites:
1) Potato Ring Snack: these little potato rings taste like the potato sticks you can buy in cans in the US. They are quite yummy and have an added plus as they are lightly salted.

2)  Calpis Marshmallows: these marshmallows are filled with calpis jelly filling. For those of you that don't know, Calpis is a drink sold in Japan that comes in a regular flavor along with strawberry, etc. The regular flavor looks like milk, but doesn't taste like it.

3) Vegetable salad umaibo: (salad flavored puffed corn snack) this umaibo was definitely different. As usual, I brought my skoshbox with me to work so my coworkers and I could try its contents. We were baffled by the taste of this umaibo because we weren't sure what was suppose to be the 'vegetable salad'. It seemed more like a salad dressing flavor instead.

4) Bubble Gum Balls: we got the orange flavor in the box this time. I was hoping to get either the cola or yogurt since I've never seen those before in our Asian markets, but to no avail. I will say Japanese gum, especially this brand has a wonderful taste and lasts quite a long time.

5) Super Mario Galaxy Gum: (soda chewing gum) Hmmm......what can I say?! It's gum. LOL

Questionable:
1) Caramel Pie Pretz: ah, the conundrum that is this Pretz flavor. Upon opening the package (which had a handy ziploc closure), I smelled the inside of the bag and it definitely smelled like caramel........but the taste?!?!?! The taste was coconut, which isn't bad. I like coconut, but it was an odd thing for it to smell like caramel, but taste like coconut. Japanese magic, perhaps?!?!?

Dislikes:

1) Nori Wrapped Senbei: So far I've generally liked all the senbei flavors we have tried in the skoshboxes, but this isn't one of them. I didn't mind the nori; t was the senbei itself. Similar in texture to ones you get in the Asian party mixes......yuck!

2) Super Soda Hard Candy: (intense soda coating/filling) Oh, my.....when they say intense, they mean intense x 500 times! I think this hard candy puts some of the American sour candies to shame. I could hardly get through this candy. I will avoid this candy in the future unless I have any friends who like them or want to buy them as a gag gift :)

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment