Favorites: (in order)
1. Bake-Choco (chocolate cake bites with warm chocolate filling): This chocolate snack is microwavable. After about 20 seconds or so, you have a warm chocolate morsel. You don’t think much of the outside of the snack, it is much like a crunchy chocolate cookie, but you are in for a surprise! The chocolate filling inside of this snack reminds me of chocolate lava cakes.
2. Kit-Kat Bake-Pudding (crème brulee flavor): After reading about these snacks on Rocketnews24, I wanted to try them. I was so excited to see them in my Skoshbox this month. Sadly, it requires either an oven broiler or toaster oven and while I have both, the broiler has never been used (>O<) so it’s questionable and my toaster oven is used for baking polymer clay, which means I can’t use it for its intended purpose, i.e. cooking real food. Both luckily, Kit-Kat has made these so you can eat them ‘as is’ if you don’t have a means to bake them. Since I had two packages of these in my box, I was able to bring the second package to work to share. It was a winner!
3. Matcha Mochi Choco Square (green tea chocolate with mochi center): Yet another deceiving snack! The chocolate isn’t quite green tea flavored and if it is, it’s either quite faint or the flavor of mochi inside masks the chocolate. Either way, this chocolate is fantastic. I might have to see if my friend Amanda can find them in CA in one of her Japanese markets or Daiso.
4. Corn Potage Umaibo (creamy corn potage puffed corn snack): Does anyone else find it amusing that the puffed corn snack is flavored with creamy corn?! I quite enjoyed this umaibo, its flavor reminds of the corn puff snacks from one of my previous visits to my local Asian market.
5. Takoyaki Umaibo (octopus ball puffed corn snack): A little spicy, but quite good. I’ve never had takoyaki so I can’t compare it to anything, but I’d still pick up this snack if I saw it in an Asian market.
6. Harvest Green Tea Crackers (baked sweet green tea crackers): Not my favorite, but not a complete failure to capture my taste buds either. I like that the green tea flavor isn’t overpowering in these crackers. The brown sugar helps to balance it out.
Dislikes: (in order)
1. Matcha Okoshi (matcha puffed rice snack): The ground green tea in this snack was off putting; too strong for me.
2. Wasabi Kakinotane (basked spicy wasabi cracker and peanut mix): four words – wasabi, not my friend.
Another great package from Skoshbox…….how many days until the next one? Twenty-eight days?!?! Egads……
Until next time ^____^