Sunday, March 23, 2014

Resin Coaster Mishap


If you have followed my blog, you know that I am a huge fan of EYK (Eat Your Kimchi). They are planning a US tour this summer. With that said, the organizers of the US Nasties have broken up the US into various regions. Alabama is part of the blue region. The organizers of the blue region have decided to send a package to the EYK studios in South Korea that can include food, letters, artworks, etc. I decided to make two coasters for Martina and Simon.

Martina loves Loki so I thought I'd make a Loki coaster for her. I had put down a layer of resin yesterday morning and after waiting for it to get tacky, I added a Loki chibi sticker. Sadly, despite the fact that I used Mod Podge on the front and back of the sticker, it still bled in the resin!!!

Grrr..........I was hoping to go with plan B this morning and mix another batch of resin and add different stickers, but it is raining today. (Sigh) Which means no resin making today as the humidity won't allow it to dry properly. I'm hoping tomorrow will be clear so I can work on another resin batch after work.

Oddly enough, Simon's Thor coaster doesn't seem to have any issues. But I'll have to wait to add the second layer of more stickers and glitter until the rain clears.

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment