Sunday, July 10, 2011

I ♥ cherries!

Good afternoon! My mother and I took a trip across the bay yesterday to the Eastern Shore Centre. While in Williams-Sonoma I picked up two miniature pie-molds, an apple-shaped one and a heart-shaped one. I could have spent a lot of money in that store especially in the bakeware section! O_o" (The metallic fuchsia-colored Kitchen-Aid looked so tempting! But I'll stick with my old Sunbeam hand mixer.)

This morning I went by the grocery store and purchased some pastry dough and pie filling to make mini cherry pies ^___^

They turned out quite well for my first trying to make them. Oven temperature at 375 for 15 minutes....I think next time, I will try for 10 minutes :)


It's so cute! ^____^

With these molds you can also cut out a heart or apple shape without the air pocket so you can deep fry the pies if you wish. I've never been a fan of fried pies, I think that has more to do with the fact that our grandmother never made them. I think she would have loved these miniature pie molds :)

By the way, thank you for all the comments on my cross stitch projects and baking! I'm not working on anything at the present, I've got a busy two weeks coming up at work so I don't think I'll have to start any new projects until after that time. I've ordered so more Korean cross stitch patterns from eBay and hope to get them soon :)

Until next time ^____^

1 comment: