Friday, June 17, 2011

Birthdays!

Hi, everyone! I hope you are enjoying the start of the weekend! Well, at least at 5pm anyway :)

My friends and I got together last night to celebrate my belated birthday and my friend Kristina's birthday! It was a lot of fun, we had pizza and cupcakes. An odd combination, but quite good. Our lovely hostess Candace made some great salsa dip from a can of mild Rotel, black beans, and corn. It was yummy!

I received some manga that I had wanted, a set of Country Chic lotions from B&BW, and a beautiful cross stitched owl from my friend Bonnie.



Isn't it cute? She said that it reminded her of Hedwig from HP and she thought I'd like it, which of course I do ^___^ She said that this is her first attempt at stitching on linen, she chose a Jobelan linen at the craft store for this project. I love the beaded motif around the owl!

For a first attempt at linen, I say BRAVO! I'm going to display this little framed cutie on my bookshelf beside the bunny design I received from my friend Kristina last year!

Until next time ^____^

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Love love the OWL...It is so cute and SOOO Hedwig! LOL if I ever have the attention span, I would attempt it. It's probably best for everyone that I don't. :P

    ReplyDelete