Saturday, April 2, 2011

March Recap

March Recap

Read:
1. Louisa May Alcott: The Woman Behind Little Women by Harriet Reisen
2. Before Midnight by Cameron Dokey
3. Violet Eyes by Debbie Viguie
4. Death Cloud: Sherlock Holmes, The Legend Begins by Andrew Lane
5. Library Wars: Love and War, Volume 4 by Kiiro Yumi
6. Gosick: The Novel Volume 1 by Kazuki Sakuraba
7. Belle by Cameron Dokey
8. The World Above by Cameron Dokey
9. Little Red Riding Hood and Other Classic French Fairy Tales translated by Jack Zipes
10. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
11. Wild Orchid by Cameron Dokey
12. The Deeds of the Disturber by Elizabeth Peters
13. Book Girl and the Famished Spirit by Mizuki Nomura
14. Gosick: The Crime that has No Name by Kazuki Sakuraba
15. The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
16. The Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George
17. Spice & Wolf novel Volume 2 by Isuna Hasekura
18. Conan Doyle: Portrait of an Artist by Julian Symons
19. Sherlock Holmes and a Scandal in Bohemia comic book by Murray Shaw, M.J. Cosson and Sophie Rohrbach
20. Dracula, My Love by Syrie James
21. Castle Waiting Volume 1 by Linda Medley

Quite a month for reading if nothing else! I've been diligent about reading the books on my 'to read' shelves of my bookshelf so a majority of the books I've read this year have been from my own collection though I must admit that I made a trip to my local library last weekend and this morning for more books ;)

My favorites for the month of March were Death Cloud and Castle Waiting. The former being the first book in a new young adult series by the British author, Andrew Lane. A man who fell in love with the world of Sherlock Holmes and was given permission by the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Literary Estate and several of the heirs of the estate to write a fictional account of Sherlock Holmes teenage years. I won't give the game away by telling you about the book's plot, but for Sherlock Holmes fanatics, I think you'll love the mystery of the 'death cloud,' which deals with a theme from Sherlock Holmes' later pursuits.

Only book one of the Legend Begins series has been published in the United States to date, but if you check out Amazon UK, there are two other books in the series. One is currently out and other is coming out later this year. I might just have to order some books from the UK ^___^

The latter book, Castle Waiting, is a marvelous comic book collection spanning some 450 pages of a fairy tale world starting with the tale of Sleeping Beauty and moving on to the inhabitants of Castle Waiting, a legendary castle refuge. I picked up the book at my local library as I was intrigued by the fairy tale aspect of the book. (I love reading fairy tales and their modern adaptations.) It is quite a fun read and I promptly checked out the second volume of the series.

What's in store for the month of April. Hmm....a lot of library books and hopefully some more books from my own collection!!

And hopefully, I will stop reading long enough to start some cross stitch projects O_o"

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment