Saturday, April 2, 2011

A gem in the city

This morning I decided to wander over to a used bookstore in town called The Book Nook. It is situated downstairs in Spring Hill College's campus library. I've been there quite a few times over the years, seeing it move three times around the campus to its now permanent location in the campus library.

A beautiful little gem in the city of Mobile with an always helpful staff of volunteers, I never get tired of visiting it. I solemn come away empty handed from this bookstore as they have a great selection of books ranging from religion and philosophy to classics and folklore.

I came away with several books this morning, which I couldn't resist.

A hardcover two volume set from 1967 of The Annotated Sherlock Holmes by William S. Baring-Gould. I'm a geek for all things relating to the world of Sherlock Holmes so I couldn't resist this beautiful set!



I also purchased a hardcover copy of Sherlock Holmes of Baker Street by William S. Baring-Gould published in 1962, Adventures of Gerard Volume 1 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle from 1961, Toujours Français Cours Élémentaire, a small hardcover textbook from 1930, and Snow by Tracey Lynn.



If you haven't been to The Book Nook on Spring Hill's campus, you are surely missing out on a lovely experience in Mobile.

Until next time ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment