Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ichigo Love and Review


Design: Ichigo by Stitch Ideas Vol. 8
Threads: DMC 347 and 367
Fabric: 32ct cream Belfast Zweigart
Start/Finish: 1/1/2011


A small start and finish for the first day of the New Year, but a cute one. I took some time yesterday evening to look through my stash of patterns and books for designs that I would like to stitch during January. I found this little ichigo design in one of my favorite Japanese cross stitch publications, Stitch Idées. I always keep a lookout on eBay for the newest issues of this magazine as they have some cute designs and always include lovely photographs of finishing techniques.

In other news, I went through my reading/stitching journal and came up with the following numbers for 2010: I read 162 books, stitched 43 designs, and 'finished' 31 of them. I started the year off with a renewed interest in steampunk literature and fell in love with the world of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes. I finished it with many fairy tale books and rereading of the series Vampire Diaries, which I hadn't read since 1993, two years after it originally came out.

My plans for the New Year in stitching include hopefully finishing a WIP called Salem Witch House that my sister bought me in MA earlier last year. I also hope to finish alot more of my stitching whether it be framed or as some sort of decorative item.

Just in case you're wondering, I am at the point of stitching the blue border on the LHN Rose in the Morning design. I have been lazy over the last couple of days with a lot more watching of Korean dramas and reading and less stitching as I've never been fond of stitching borders.

I hope you are having a great New Year's so far!! ♥

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment