Thursday, December 31, 2009

Family Christmas

Christmas this year can be summed up with the following image in mind: our aunt’s cat sitting in the middle of the living room floor watching everyone unwrap presents, while secretly wondering to himself which piece of paper he should attack first!

My gift to my mother this year was Morning Berries by LHN. I stitched this design earlier in the year and just recently got it framed at a local shop in Satsuma.


What do you think? I love the choice of colors with the mat board and frame. I'm sorry the quality isn't good. Low lighting in the living room and glass are not a good mixture for taking pics!!

This year I finally broke down and started a wishlist online. I thought it would make it easier for my family and friends to know what I would like for Christmas, etc. I was pleasantly surprised when several of the gifts that I received were from my wishlist.

I didn’t ask for any cross-stitch patterns this year as my favorite designer Anagram Diffusion is hard to find online within a reasonable price. My mother, however, gave me a gift certificate to my LNS. I can’t wait to go by the store and browse around!! I haven’t quite decided whether I want to buy some specialty threads or look for some new charts O_o”

The best part of this Christmas was our cousin’s gift to all of us. We were presented with several tins which contained sugar cookies decorated with icing and sprinkles, chocolate-covered pretzels and pretzel sticks, and shortbread cookies with date filling. The shortbread cookies were a lovely gift as they are from a recipe passed down from my grandfather’s mother to her daughter and then to us. The cookie isn’t sweet despite the powered sugar on top. It definitely reminds me of the European cookies that aren’t overly sweetened.



All in all, it was a great Christmas with our family! I hope you had a lovely holiday season too!!

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had a great Christmas! It is so nice having you next door!

    ReplyDelete