Sunday, September 7, 2008

Blast from the past

(sigh) Now we just have to wait and see what Hurricane Ike is going to do. I WISH it would just disappear. Category 4 and 5 hurricanes are bad news to any area they come in contact with!!!

I got more stiching done on my WIP Elements. Not much, but at least it's progress :) Sometimes I don't have the time to sit and get some stitching done after work during the weekdays. Especially, if my mom and I take our dog Sam for a walk. He's a 8 month old brown lab!!! LOL And he is crazy. We are trying to teach him how to walk without rushing ahead of us.....I can't even hold the leash....he's 60 lbs of energy!!

Here's some pics of my progress on my French sampler.



I finished some more on the 'Eau' block ^__^ I got the words 'Eau' finished, some other motifs, and the scorpion!



In other news, I went antiquing yesterday :) I saw several beautiful brooches that I couldn't afford, but I found a blast from the past while at one of my local antique shops!!


O_o" I can't believe I found one of these!!! A Ladies' Home Journal from 1899. The vendor has several others, but I couldn't afford all of them....even though my bookish heart longed for them ^__^

The magazine doesn't have any color plates like the Lady Godey's magazines of the same period, but it is still valuable as a source of historical lifeways.

Well, I hope everyone has a great week :) Happy stitching!!!

2 comments:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race! I think you will finish your big project and then you will say: WHAT'S NEXT? I'm sure you have something waiting in the wings to start when this one is finished.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,

    Thanks for writing about my book. I am really delighted you like it. I hear you spent a year at Royal Holloway - hope you enjoyed yourself while you were there. I thought it was great place to study.

    Your cross-stitch work is beautiful!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete