Sunday, June 22, 2008

So Pretty!

I bought these patterns through Etsy yesterday from Aimee Ray's store. I love all her patterns in her book called Doodle-Stitching. I saw these patterns after seeing a link for her store on her blog Dreamfollow. When you order the patterns from her Etsy store, they come in a PDF file that Aimee sends to your email address. I loved corresponding with Aimee about my order. She was very nice and suggested that I send a pic of my work after it was completed. LOL It might take me a while, but I'll definitely finish the patterns.
Here's the two patterns that I bought from her Etsy shop...sorry about the quality of the photo. Not very good lighting in the kitchen when it's eight o'clock at night :(



Aren't they adorable? I love the squirrel gazing up at the tree with all the blossoms. It reminds me of cherry tree blossoms. The man in the hill is fun. Oh, and the Ghostbirds pattern is beautiful!! The little deer is very cute. On her Etsy store, Aimee has the patterns in color to show you what colors you could attempt for them :)

I can't wait to get started on these patterns. A week or two ago I bought half a yard of creme-colored broadcloth to practice my embroidery stitches on. Today I had my aunt show me how to stitch a lazy daisy since I was having trouble reading the directions in one of my embroidery technique books. LOL Sometimes those books aren't helpful at all even with all the diagrams!!

If you haven't picked up Doodle-Stitching...shame on you :) I highly recommend it. She has many lovely projects to choose from. One of my favorites in the book is the bunny in the moon. LOL It will take me a while before I even attempt that project, but it is beautiful. I've always loved the Japanese story of a bunny in the moon instead of our man in the moon.

Now the agonizing task of deciding on colors for the patterns......so many pretty colors of thread to choose from....sigh :)

1 comment:

  1. Bunny! I can't wait to see these pictures stitched. They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete