Thursday, June 26, 2008

Progress on ornament #1

Here's a short post just to show what I've accomplished today on the Sue Hillis ornament 'Happiest of Holidays' in the JCS magazine I got yesterday.





I went to Hobby Lobby this morning got some 25 ct Zweigart because I didn't really like the linen I was using last night, it just wasn't good quality. To my surprise when I got home and was looking at the chart and directions for this ornament I had actually picked out the right color of linen!! Bravo Hobby Lobby for the one bag of 25 ct linen on the shelf that just happened to be the one I needed!!!

Just this bit stitched on the ornament took me a couple of hours, I'm not used to stitching 'over one' with just one thread.

Hope you like my progress. Happy stitching :)

3 comments:

  1. I had to buy the magazine to see what other goodies are within. Love that you have a headstart on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel,
    Thank you for your visit to my blog and thank you so much for your lovely words!!
    I just bought this issue and it has arrived a few days ago!
    I love LHN's ornament, and I will stitch it for this coming X'mas, but I didn't realize how lovely Sue Hill's ornament until I saw your stitching piece!
    Thanks, I will also stitch it!! :D

    ReplyDelete